Monday, March 24, 2008

And yes, Ladies & Gentlemen, I do take requests!

UPDATE BELOW 10:10am, 3/25/08:

So I was mulling over some comments at work today and I came up with this routing idea:

Initial Build Out:



The Pink Line, after entering the Westwood Regional Connector at Westwood/Santa Monica, would go south under Westwood to the Westside Pavillion, then west under Pico to Sepulveda, where it would join the Expo en route to Santa Monica.

Initial Build-Out Tunnel Schematic:



The Purple line would initially be built only to Wilshire/Westwood, with the final segment to Santa Monica to be built later. Until that sement is completed, the Pink Line would complete the final leg of the route from Downtown to Santa Monica.

Full Build-Out:



UPDATE:

The Exposition Construction Authority is holding community workshops [PDF] over the next week to provide information and updates on the project. I'll be going to advocate for the Venice/Sepulveda alignment, coordination with the future Pink Line, and the creation of the Westwood Regional Connector. Dates and locations are as follows:

Wednesday, March 26
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Webster Middle School
“Daniel’s Den”
11330 W. Graham Place
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Tuesday, April 1
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Crossroads School
Roth Hall
1714 21st Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Thursday, April 3
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Vista Del Mar Child
and Family Services
Gymnasium
3200 Motor Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90034

No comments: